Saturday, March 19, 2011

& I thought staying healthy was hard before....

Hi Everyone, I'm a new blogger & to be frank, it seems truly odd to post about myself as if anyone out there cares what I have to say! But, well that said, a little bit about me...My name is Kelly. I'm in my mid-20s and just started a new journey in my life as a flight attendant, for what I think is the BEST domestic U.S. airline by far. (I'm not going to reveal who I work for until I get the appropriate permissions, but if you've ever flown with us, you probably already know what airline I'm referring to!) In a nut shell I'm an active, health conscious, washed up college athlete who loves to travel, read books, watch sports, attend happy hour with friends & have been trying to fit in fun runs, triathlons and just signed up for my first FULL marathon this summer. As you imagine my job makes it less than easy to find time & motivation to exercise & we all know how airport food is....Um, not exactly healthy, not to mention it breaks the bank!

I decided to start this blog for a number of reasons, but the main hope is
that by writing this blog I want to inspire and motivate others to make healthy choices in their lives even when it is tough. We all struggle to stay healthy at certain points in our lives & I am struggling now! On a more selfish note, I'm hoping that in my desire to motivate others to make smart choices it will give me a reason to hold myself more accountable for my choices. Its hard to succeed in inspiring others when you're not practicing these things yourself. I'm going to chronicle my experience before going on trips, during, and after. What foods I pack, what healthy choices I find at airports or on the plane, and how I motivate myself to get a workout in at 1am after a full flying day or 4am before a full flying day. Hopefully it will help other flight attendants find ways to stay healthy and fit on the go as well as help others who have equally hectic schedules in different ways find the motivation to stay healthy and fit on the go too!

Going to leave it at that for now, I'm off to sit airport on call tomorrow at 9am. Airport on callh means 6 hours of sitting at the airport with the potential of going out on a trip in case of a last minute emergency. They are toughest to plan for, you may be out for a day, or you may be gone for four! So tonight I will prepare for the potential 4 day trip & post about it tomorrow!

Ciao a presto!

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home