Sunday, April 3, 2011

McShaker? McSalad...? Mc.....

Does anyone remember what that weird salad in a cup thing at McDonald's was called?! Well, I think i recreated it tonight....once again, the beauty of hotel "cooking!" I'll get to that later...

Hellllo cold NY. I did my 7 mile loop this a.m. & trotted off to SF to hop on my flight. Delayed of course. We flew to NY via Vegas so it was a 2 leg day. I don't mind the 2 leg days at the beginning of a trip so much, its at the end of a trip where they seem a bit more painful.


Anyway, using the iceboxes in the galleys (meant to house beer, white wine & champagne...) I shoved all my cold goods in to stay cold. We have a new menu on the plane, loooove the fact we switch every few months, so tried out our tuna sandwich for lunch. Minus the bread, it was pretty good. Though it is up there with the chicken salad in health I'm sure with whatever they throw in there....mayo yuckkk. Munched on my celery, some fruit, & my pb pretzel mix of course. Also had an orange thanks to the fact we now serve Blue Moon on our flights so we have basically a whole sliced orange to garnish them :) OH not to mention my splurge of the day trying out the new caramel popcorn on board. DELISH & not too bad for you with natural ingredients & only 100 cals per bag.

I ALMOST forgot all my food in the galley. I think I would have cried. Seriously. Coconut water, salmon, spinach, quinoa....all the gooood stuff! Luckily, I remembered while we were deplaning. Phew!

I spent most of the shuttle back to the hotel debating a workout. Didn't want to do anything too crazy, but just keep moving. I know that even though we got in at 11pm east coast time, I would still be on 8 pacific, so I wouldn't go to sleep right away anyway so I decided to knock out a few more miles. I told myself I would go as long as I was feeling good, but no more than 4 because I want to do a long run tomorrow in LA. I knocked out all 4 & I'm feeling good. Quick shower & time to chomp down some dinner before I crash.

Back to that fun hotel cooking....well, I have spinach salad, with salmon, and grape tomatoes with some balsamic, great, but no plates, bowls, etc. Luckily there is a coffee cup with a lid. I decided that would have to do, ripped up the baby spinach leaves into smaller pieces, threw in a few tomatoes & the salmon, a smidge of balsamic & put the lid on carefully holding the whole to sip through so balsamic didn't fly everywhere as I shook it up to mix it up. I don't know why but this is what made me think of that McDonald's salad thing. Does anyone remember those?! The funniest thing about this is that I NEVER once remember eating one & as I am shaking this make shift salad thing this is the only thing that can come to mind. I don't know why I found this so funny, but I did. I think I may have even laughed out loud all alone in my hotel room. Kinda lame, I know.

As per one of my crew member's suggestions I filled up the laundry bag with ice & have it stored in my shower with all my cold goods packed into the ice. Ghheetto, but whatever works. Now I am chomping on my salad, sipping on coconut water & updating this blog that I am oh so terrible at...mind you eating out of this cup is not easy & not getting balsamic all over me has been difficult so far. Bad idea to wear a white tee I guess :)

Okay, time for some How I Met Your Mother episodes, I'm hooked! Then bed time! I know it may not be easy, but stay healthy & keep motivated!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home